Saturday 21 July 2012

Bridget's Babble



Hey You,
 
Are you ready? I have to talk about possibly the best experience of my life. Yesterday afternoon in the heat of the day I was on my lovely front verandah with my two little granddaughters, Olivia 4, Lucy 1 1/2. We were shelling peas. Oh my, the cutest most heart warming time. Of course I had to crack the pea open and then I would hand them to both girls. Every time Lucy got a new pod it was like she had won the lottery. She squealed and giggled and proceeded to take every little pea out of the pod. Half of them went in the bowl, a few on the floor and a couple in her mouth. She wasn't sure if she liked them, so would remove them half eaten and put them in the bowl. Olivia worked diligently saying the whole time..."this is going to take us a long time". But before we knew it we were done and supper was ready and they loved eating the fresh peas.
 
 
Hanging out with little ones just reminds me of all the simple things that I sometimes miss in life. Those little moments of simplicity and awe. It was a great lesson for me and I tried to soak up every moment.
 
 
Miranda (the mommy of the girls) and I are working on her new project, Abby Rose, in historical downtown Brandon. We hope to open early September. It will be an eclectic mix of merchandise, original art, second hand clothing, belly dance wear and books. We will have three studios, art, jewellery and dance as well.
 
 
If you would like to consign some clothes please call her and make arrangements for drop off time (573-4675) or just take them to Lady of the Lake with your name and email address. We are looking for "excellent quality". You know those 'like new' clothes that we have hanging in the back of our closet. Well, here is your chance to liquidate them and turn them into LadyBucks. These LadyBucks can be spent at Lady of the Lake shop, cafe and pub or Abby Rose.
 
 
We will also be purchasing books. Again, looking for excellent condition, self-help, Oprah's Book Club, cookbooks and coffee table books. Let's recycle all the great books we have.
 
 
Otherwise, summer is hot and I love it! Brandon Folk Fest this weekend. If you have never been, it is a relaxing time in the shade listening to very entertaining and inspiring music. I will probably be dancing with my girlfriends and eating Jamaican veggie patties. I also like to take my camper van and camp for the weekend which sounds weird but you can just run home if you need something. It is one of my favourite times of the year and totally worth the price of admission.
 
 
How is your summer going? Drop me a line sometime.
 
 
In love with the sunshine, Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment